There is a Gypsy in everyone
The Maruti Gypsy Versatile Rugged Sporty. A 4x4 that die-hard SUV fans swear by.
The Maruti Gypsy is a four-wheel-drive vehicle based on the long wheelbase Suzuki Jimny SJ40/410 series.
It is primarily an off-road vehicle, or a vehicle for rough unprepared roads, as it offers neither a ride quality nor an interior comparable to that of a modern SUV.
In contrast to the suzuki, the Maruti is available in a pickup version as well as a 4-door version. The Maruti Gypsy is available as Soft Top, Hard Top and as Ambulance Car.
Maruti Gypsy: Built to take any terrain in any condition.
|Soft Top||Hard Top||Ambulance|
|Engine Type||G13BB MPFI 16 Valve Gasoline|
|No. of Cylinder||4|
|Maximum Power||80 bhp @ 6000 rpm|
|Maximum Torque||103 Nm @ 4500 rpm|
|Type||Five Forward (All Synchromesh), One Reverse|
|Gear Type||Constant Mesh|
|Transfer Gear Ratio||High : 1.409; Low : 2.268|
|Front & Rear||Leaf Spring with Double Action Damper with Booster|
|Tyre Type||F78-15-4 PR 205/70 R 15|
|Fuel Tank||40 Litres|
|Engine Oil||4.0 Litres|
|Overall Length||4010 mm|
|Overall Width||1540 mm|
|Overall Height||1875 kg||1845 mm||1875 kg|
|Front Track||1300 mm|
|Rear Track||1310 mm|
|Ground Clearance||210 mm|
|Kerb Weight||985 kg||1050 kg||985 kg|
|Gross Vehicle Weight||1585 kg||1650 kg||1585 kg|
- Higher ground clearance of 210 mm to ensure better off-road handling.
- Diaphragm Spring Clutch designed to withstand higher rotational speeds requiring less release load, thereby reducing the wear of parts.
- The Engine thatís high on thermal conductivity, and heats up quickly even under extremely cold conditions. Thus, there are no starting problems even in the midst of snow.
- 1300 cc petrol engine - lighter than a diesel engine, resulting in a higher power to weight ratio. This ensures better control, more power and greater responsiveness.
- 5-Speed gearbox ensures better highway mileage and allows high cruising speeds.
- The Engine avoids overheating because its high thermal conductivity enables it to give off heat much faster.
- Steering Damper ensures that shocks encountered from bumps and potholes are not passed on to the steering wheel. Thus, any loss of control owing to unexpected obstacles is avoided.
- The Gypsy is a lighter vehicle weighing in at 1050 kg (Hard Top) and 985 kg (Soft Top). This is a major advantage on sandy or muddy tracts - a heavier vehicle will get stuck but the Gypsy keeps going.
- Maximum power of 80 bhp @ 6000 rpm makes for easier crossings.
- 4-Wheel drive for better control and more power at the wheel.
- A higher power to weight ratio of 0.0812 ensures faster acceleration through streams and muddy terrain.
|Soft Top||Hard Top||Ambulance|
|Windshield Washer and 3-Speed Wiper||S||S||S|
|Hazard Warning Light||S||S||S|
|Hydraulic Clutch In Cooling Fan||S||S||S|
|Vanity Mirror On Left Sun Visor||S||S||S|
|Reclining And Sliding Front Seats||S||S||S|
|Adjustable Head Restraints||S||S||S|
|Front Package Tray||S||S||S|
|Lockable Glove Compartment||S||S||S|
|Driver's Side Rear View Mirror||S||S||S|
|Spare Wheel Cover||S||S||S|
|Front Footstep Assembly||-||S||-|
|Foldable Front Windscreen||S||-||-|
|Fibre Reinforced Plastic||-||S||-|
|Removable Canvas Top||S||-||-|
Ex-Showroom Price & On Road Price in New Delhi (W.e.f. 1st December, 2017)
|Variant||Type||Ex-Showroom Price||On Road Price|
|Gypsy King MPI (Hard Top) (Non Met)||₹ 641206||₹ 726607|
|Gypsy King MPI (Soft Top) (Non Met)||₹ 626420||₹ 710034|
Gypsy: Sales Schemes